In this tutorial, I first explain how you can install Alexa on your computer, so that you can access your smart home devices on your PC, in addition to having voice control with Alexa on your PC.
Everyone’s first step is you, if you’ve never used Alexa and don’t have a device Amazonalready download the application Amazon Alexa on your mobile. Download from PlayStore and sign in with the account linked to Amazon.
Alexa app on computer
Step 1 – In order to use the Alexa app on the computer, you will need to download it from the Microsoft Store, but currently Amazon has not released the app for us Brazilians. However, there is a way to access it, for which you need to change the region of your computer:
– Look in the start menu for “locale“;
– Change to “WE” in “Country or region“, where the application is available;
– Once done, you can search for Alexa in the Microsoft Store and the application should already appear even without restarting the PC (if it does not appear, it is good to restart);
– Click to install, wait for download, then you can click to start;
2nd step – When you open the app, you will see a welcome screen, then the app will ask you to sign in with your Amazon account.
Continue after ad
In some cases, the application extracts your default address as soon as you confirm the connection and displays an error indicating that it is not available in Brazil. If this is the case on your computer, follow these steps:
1 – Change the address on your Amazon account
– Open the browser;
– Access amazon website;
– connection with your account;
– Go to the upper right corner on “Accounts and Lists» and click on «Manage your content and devices“;
– Go to preferences and “Country and region settings” change to an address in the United States (Just click Change your country/region)
– You need address change: simply copy what appears at time 3:47 of the video or in the image in the gallery;
– After filling and confirming it, it will warn you that you will lose access to Kindle content in your region and you will have access to the United States, which you can then reverse and I will teach you how;
– Click on update and this step is complete;
Step 3 – Now open the Alexa on the computersign in, accept the privacy options, choose the options you prefer, and you can switch to using Alexa on PC.
For restore account options in portuguese just go to the same place you went to change the region on the Amazon account with adding another step. You have to go to “Find out more” or to:
1 – “Click here to learn more about other Amazon sites eligible for purchase based on your country of residence”;
2 – Click on Know more in the small text that will appear;
3 – And on the page that will open, click on the highlighted button to transfer the account;
Continue after ad
Method to control the PC with Alexa
Step 1 – The first step is access the site TriggerCMD.com. And you will need to login to the site to get a free key. The site contains “broken” characters, but look for the options listed with that in mind.
Scroll down the page and click “create an account now“. It is possible to connect with your Google, Twitter, Facebook account, or create an account with any e-mail address.
Once logged in, go to Instructions and you will see the key that will be used in the program.
Go to the main page of the website, scroll down to the part where it shows download options and download the program file.
Install and paste the key available in the instructions and click “identify”.
2nd step – By returning to the site page and clicking on “Your computers”, you can already see that your computer has been added.
Once the application is already installed, you can open it by searching for its name in the start menu or by opening it in the lower right corner or in the shortcut.
You are presented with a list of saved commands and you can choose to open the browser and shut down the computer, for example.
What’s cool is that if you search for CMD commands on the Internet, you can program others, which can make the game very interesting.
Step 3 – The third step is therefore the configuration in the Alexa app
You need to search Skill TriggerCMD and enable TRIGGERcmd Smart Home in the APP
The Alexa app will now recognize Windows commands placed as smart devices.
So once you’ve made the settings directly on the website, added the trigger commands, and enabled the skill, you need to set up the routines in the Alexa app.
Since each command appears as a device in the Alexa app, you need to be careful with the naming. With the name in mind, go to settings and create a routine for each trigger configured on the computer.
Alexa products up to 12 interest-free installments on Amazon Brazil:
Thinking of buying a product online? Discover the Save the Connected World extension for Google Chrome. It’s free and provides you with department store price comparisons and coupons so you can always buy at the best price. Download now.