The apple is an extremely popular, delicious and inexpensive fruit. In addition, it has many health benefits, as it is a source of nutrients and vitamins, containing B1, B2 and B3 associated with energy metabolism – reports an article published by the journal Metropoles.
Highly antioxidant, the apple has phenolic compounds that fight inflammation. And to top it off, it’s high in fiber and helps maintain blood sugar and cholesterol balance.
According to Oba Hortifruti network nutritionist Renata Guirau, in statements to the newspaper Metrópoles, an average unit of apple corresponds to one of the three daily servings of fruit recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO).
“Preferably, it should be eaten plain, with the skin. But the apple can also be eaten in the form of juice, jam, cooked with cinnamon, in fruit salad, in recipes such as cakes and pies”, says Renata.
Here are some health benefits of apples:
– Prevents conditions such as constipation, gout, diabetes and skin diseases;
– Improves the nervous system and reduces anxiety;
– Helps eliminate toxins from the body;
– Maintains white and healthy teeth;
– As an antioxidant, it delays aging;
– Because it contains malic acid, it cleans the vocal tract, mouth, pharynx;
– Contributes to peaceful sleep;
– Prevents indigestion
– Prevents throat infection;
– Pectin and potassium prevent the accumulation of fat in the arterial wall, preventing clogging of the arteries;
– Hydrates the body and restores energy;
– Improves brain function and prevents diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.