The Playstation Talents Awards, with the support of Sony Playstation, have succeeded in establishing themselves in recent years in the (inter)national panorama of video games (and their development).
This year, unsurprisingly, the 8th edition of the competition is appearing and applications are now open.
In recent years, the national panorama of video game development has received a very strong incentive for several factors, among which these Playstation Talents stand out, with the support of Sony Playstation.
This competition, both a showcase of values and creativity, is already in its 8th edition and registration for the current one is now open, and projects can be submitted until September 30, 11:59 p.m.
Small studios, university students, young programmers and Portuguese companies that have earned less than €100,000 in 2021 can compete for the PlayStation Talents Awards in Portugal. All applicants must present a project team composed of at least three types profiles: game designer, programmer and artist.
The best proposals will be unveiled during the month of October. The overall winner of the 2022 PlayStation Talents Award for Best Game, along with the winners of the remaining categories, will be announced early next year.
It should be noted that the winning project of the PlayStation Talents 2022 prize for the best game will receive economic support for the development and publication of the game by PlayStation Iberia through:
- €10,000 in cash for the development of the video game;
- Publish the game on PlayStation Network;
- Access to PlayStation developer tools;
- A promotional and marketing campaign on PlayStation channels worth €50,000;
- Physical space in Lisbon to work on the project for 10 months;
Playstation talents in Portugal
The PlayStation Talents Awards started in Portugal in 2015 and since then over 350 projects have participated. In the first edition, the winning game was Strikers Edge, from Fun Punch Games. It was a frenetic ranged combat game where players fight with ancient warriors and special powers were released in January last year.
The next six editions were won by the musical experience for PlayStation VR, VRock, by the epic adventure of little San, Out of Line, by the vehicular combat game set in a post-apocalyptic sci-fi environment, KEO, by the first-person narrative experience on the theme of Alzheimer's disease, Back Then, for the horror title where even our sounds in the real world influence what happens inside the world of the game, Evil Below, and for the narrative experience around the consequences of the butterfly effect, Sophia and the girl from the past. Four of these games are currently in development.
This year, the PlayStation Talents Awards in Portugal are distributed as follows:
- PlayStation Talents Award for Best Game;
- PlayStation Talents Award for Most Innovative Game;
- PlayStation Talents Award for Best Art;
- PlayStation Talents Award for Best Use of PlayStation Platforms;
- PlayStation Talents Award for Best Children's Game;
- PlayStation Talents Press Award;
- PlayStation Talents Award for Best Online Competitive Game;
- PlayStation Talents Award for Best Storytelling;
- PlayStation Talents Special Games for Good Award: The PlayStation Talents Special Games for Good Award, awarded in partnership with the event created and organized by IADE, is intended for the finalist game which best integrates the themes of social responsibility into its concept, and which contributes to an open dialogue on real issues of our society and our world;
Applications must be sent to the email address email@example.com before 11:59 p.m. on September 30 and must include:
- A playable/vertical slice construction;
- A video presentation of the game, lasting a maximum of 5 minutes;
- The Concept Design document (in PDF format, unlimited pages);
- CVs of team members;
can access herefor more information on this year's competition.